- We like to run several programs to help clean spyware off of your computer. Different programs find different malware. You can find these programs free at www.download.com . Currently, our favorites include:
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Separately, Spywareblaster is a good program to run in the background to help prevent spyware from entering your pc.
- Cleaning up the registry can help reduce errors and speed up your pc.
- Check out: Advanced SystemCare, CCleaner, Glary Utilities
Defrag Your Hard-Drive
- You should defragment your hard-drive from time to time. You don't want your pc unnecessarily jumping around the hard-drive grabbing data. Remember to run your defrag:
- Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools> Disk Defragmenter
- If you use Advanced SystemCare (above), the Defrag will be done automatically.
- Also, make sure your anti-virus program is updated. And, run a scan if you don't have it scanning regularly.
- We like Avast; AVG is also good.