We recently posted some info about cloud computing and syncing files across computers. Over the past several months, we've had a chance to fiddle around with various products and we have grown to like Syncplicity quite a bit. As with any new technology, there were a few idiosyncrasies that we had to get used to -- but we've now gotten the hang of the product and love having our files synced and backed up. We've now used Syncplicity for more than six months -- so feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Creates an online directory / copy of the files you want.
- Files then get synced to your other PCs.
- Files get synced immediately -- even if Excel/Word is open (as long as the file is saved); no other product did this in our testing...
- Free version allows you to sync 2 PCs and 2GB of space.
- You can share files / directories with others.
- You can get more space by referring friends. (1 GB / friend up to 3GB for a total of 5GB free space).
- $99 per year for 50 GB of space.